I had a lot of apples and pears left after the holidays from the gift baskets that I got. My kids probably got tired of eating them and since I won’t be able to finish all of it, thought I’d make something of these fruits.
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar, divided
- 6 Tbs. unsalted butter (3/4 stick), softened
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 3 pears, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Heat oven to 365 degrees Fahrenheit. In medium bowl, using fingertips, combine 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, butter and oats until large pieces form; set aside.
- In bowl, combine remaining flour and sugar, apples, pears, ginger, 1 Tbs. lemon juice and 1 tsp. lemon zest.
- Divide fruit mixture evenly among eight 8 oz. souffle dishes coated with cooking spray. Divide oat mixture evenly among dishes. Bake 45 minutes, or until fruit mixture is tender and bubbly. Cool 15 minutes.