Love coconut? Then you’ll love this recipe for sure. The recipe I found is easy to do because you will be using a ready cake mix and you’ll have lots of fun frosting it. But before you hop on to the recipe and start buying these ingredients, you might want to consider adding crushed pineapple into the cake batter to make it moist.
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) French vanilla cake mix
- 1 an (8 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut, divided
- 1 jar (7.5 oz.) marshmallow cream
- 1 container (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (11 oz.) mandarin oranges, drained and patted dry
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour two 9" cake pans. In bowl of electric mixer on low speed, beat cake mix, crushed pineapple, melted butter, eggs and 1/3 cup water 30 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add 1 cup coconut to batter. Beat for another 2 minutes on medium speed. Divide batter between two 9" cake pans. Bake 28 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely.
- In bowl of electric mixer on medium speed, beat marshmallow cream and whipped topping 1 minute or until combined. Place first cake layer on serving platter. Spread with 1/2 cup cream mixture and 1/2 can mandarin oranges. Repeat layering.
- Frost cake with remaining cream mixture. Press remaining coconut onto top and sides of cake to coat. Garnish with fresh fruits and edible flowers, if desired.