- 1/2 cup freeze-dried blueberries
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1 pint fresh blueberries, divided
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temp.
- 1 stick butter, at room temp.
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extraxt
- 1/2 pint fresh blackberries
1) Heat oven to 350°F. Line 24-well cupcake pan with paper liners. In food processor, pulse freeze-dried blueberries 8 times or until finely ground powder forms; set aside.
2) Prepare cake mix according to package directions, adding 1/2 fresh blueberries. Divide batter evenly among liners in prepared pan. Bake 15 min. or until done, Let cool in pans. Transfer to serving platter.
3) Using mixer on medium, beat cream cheese and butter 3 min. or until light and fluffy. Add sugar, vanilla extract and ground blueberry powder. Beat 1 min. or until smooth.
4) Spoon frosting into pastry bag fitted with star tip. Pipe frosting into cupcakes. Top with blackberries and remaining blueberries.