Posted on February 16, 2013 @ 3:29 pm | File under : Uncategorized
by Simply Delicious
Bibingka is a popular Filipino rice cake that is usually served during Christmas time. Nowadays, the delicious cake eaten with a sprinkle of sugar and grated coconut can be enjoyed all throughout the year. Here, try the recipe I got from filipinorecipesite.com.
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 can (400 mL) coconut milk
- 1 banana leaf (optional)
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter, sliced
- 2 tbsp. fresh (or frozen) grated coconut
Cooking Directions :
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Prepare a lightly greased 8 x 3 in. round baking pan. Alternatively, lined with banana leaf, if using (cut according to the size of the pan); set aside. The banana leaf adds fragrance to the cake when cooked. To make individual cakes, line a 4 in. wide and 2-1/4 in. deep mini pan with 5 in. banana leaf (if using).
- In a bowl, place rice flour, brown sugar, baking powder, eggs, melted butter and coconut milk; mix thoroughly.
- Pour batter mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour or until browned (a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean).
- Place the cake onto a serving platter and put butter slices on top. Sprinkle with grated coconut.
- Serves 4 to 6
Theme Designed and Coded by: ★ Claire ★ | Powered by: ★ Wordpress ★