Anything with caramel is a sure favorite in my household. Here’s one of my kids’ favorite cake. Recipe is from CDKitchen.com.
- 1 package chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients to prepare
- 14 ounces caramel candies, unwrapped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup nuts, coarsely chopped
- chocolate sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cake mix as directed and pour 2 cups of the batter into a greased and floured 13″ x 9″ baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- In a heavy sauce pan over low heat, melt the caramel candies, butter and milk stirring until smooth, then spread evenly over the cake. Spread remaining cake mix over the caramel mix, top with the nuts. Return to the oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool and garnish as desired.