Posted on September 7, 2012 @ 11:31 pm | File under : pastry
by Simply Delicious
Napoleones is a pastry that’s very popular in the south. I’m glad that I found this recipe online because I have looked for this for a long time. It’s delicious. Thanks www.pinoyrecipe.net for sharing the recipe.
For the Puff Pastry you will need:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 100 ml of cold water
- 220 grams butter, chilled
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp vinegar or lime juice
For the Custard filling you will need.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
For the Sugar glaze you will need:
- 2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons boiling water
- In a heavy saucepan, place the butter, evaporated milk, egg yolks, sugar and flour.
- Stir to combine, then cook the mixture on a low fire stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- When the mixture has thickened, remove from the heat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, put in the confectioners’ sugar and vanilla.
- Stir in enough boiling water to make a glaze of spreading consistently.
- Cut around 40 grams of butter, melt the butter then chill the remaining.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture and add vinegar or lime juice, melted butter then pour in the water. Mix well, knead the dough a little bit.
- With a rolling pin, flatten dough into a rectangular shape.
- Place the chilled butter in the middle and fold the corners, right over left, making sure to seal the edges.
- Do not handle the dough with your whole hands, only with theÂ finger tips, this way you are transferring little heat onto the dough. Roll and flatten the dough into a rectangle, we suggest that you roll it on top of a large tray, this will keep the dough cold to avoid the butter from melting inside.
- Put the large tray with the dough on top to chill butter inside the dough.Â The reason the dough is being chilled is to make sure the butter is not absorb by the dough, by the time you finish this process your dough will have a thin sheet of butter on each layer.
- After 10 minutes, remove dough from freezer, fold again right over left and roll and flatten again with a rolling pin to form another rectangular shaped dough.
- Repeat this process 4 times. Cut into rectangle shape.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees°. Bake the dough for about 10 to 15 minutes or until crust is golden. Cool completely.
- Cut puff pastry in half to insert custard filling.
Pour glaze over the top.
This post has Comments Off
Theme Designed and Coded by: ★ Claire ★ | Powered by: ★ Wordpress ★