Posted on August 18, 2012 @ 12:08 pm | File under : desserts
by Simply Delicious
Just like our favorite Leche Flan (a local dessert), Panna Cotta is a milk-based Italian custard. It’s easy to make and it’s delicious. I got my recipe from Allresipes.com.
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 (.25 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pour milk into a small bowl, and stir in the gelatin powder. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, stir together the heavy cream and sugar, and set over medium heat. Bring to a full boil, watching carefully, as the cream will quickly rise to the top of the pan. Pour the gelatin and milk into the cream, stirring until completely dissolved. Cook for one minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in the vanilla and pour into six individual ramekin dishes.
- Cool the ramekins uncovered at room temperature. When cool, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight before serving.
This post has Comments Off
Theme Designed and Coded by: ★ Claire ★ | Powered by: ★ Wordpress ★