Posted on July 28, 2012 @ 6:51 pm | File under : cakes
by Simply Delicious
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 egg whites
- pinch of salt
- Heat oven to 400°F. In bowl, combine first 4 ingredients and 3/4 cup brown sugar until blended.
- In separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa and baking soda; stir into applesauce mixture.
- Using electric mixer on high speed, beat egg whites, salt and remaining brown sugar 4 minutes, or until stiff peaks form; gently fold into flour mixture. Divide batter evenly among 8 4 oz. greased ramekins; place on baking sheet. bake 15 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool 1 minute. Remove cakes from pans. Drizzle with melted chocolate, and top with fresh fruits, if desired.
This post has Comments Off
Theme Designed and Coded by: ★ Claire ★ | Powered by: ★ Wordpress ★